The St. Peter’s University Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a unique and rigorous graduate program designed to transform you into a consummate professional and leader in your field. Through this 36-credit master’s degree, you will develop a deep and broad understanding of all facets of the business world, as well as practical experience through internships and projects. Business fundamentals including finances, market analysis, management, human resources, cost accounting, and more are covered in our interactive and practical courses. This will prepare you to lead and succeed in a wide variety of businesses and corporations.
The St. Peter’s University Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a unique and rigorous graduate program designed to transform you into a consummate professional and leader in your field. Through this 36-credit master’s degree, you will develop a deep and broad understanding of many facets of the business world, as well as practical experience through internships and projects. Business fundamentals, including finances, market analysis, management, human resources, marketing, cost-accounting and more are covered, preparing you to lead and succeed in a wide variety of businesses and corporations.
This program specifically focuses on finance, marketing and management. These domains include a generous portion of human resources, non profit, management and current marketing strategies.
We are proud to have partnered with the Frank J. Guarini School of Business at St. Peter’s University, a highly ranked university featuring an outstanding School of Business under the leadership of Dr. John Hammett.
Founded in 1872, the university offers more than 60 undergraduate and graduate programs to more than 2,600 undergraduate and 800 graduate students. US News and World Report ranked St. Peter’s among the Top 100 “Best Regional Universities in the North,” and Money Magazine ranked St. Peter’s and the “Most Transformative School” in the state of New Jersey.
An MBA can be valuable in two important ways: marketability and skills development.
- Marketability: An MBA can enhance your marketability as a professional, increase the quality and quantity of job opportunities, meaningfully increase your compensation, and lead to more rapid job promotions.
- Skills Development: An MBA also builds core business skills, essential leadership competencies, as well as a professional network. Special emphasis is placed on developing leadership and management skills.
The expense, time, and effort involved in earning an MBA are particularly useful for a student who plans to work in a business-related field, in management, or as a company founder. Aspiring entrepreneurs will also find the skills very helpful in translating their dreams into reality and avoiding negative market forces.
The list of jobs that an MBA can apply for is long, but here is a sampling of common positions which are well compensated, often offer room for advancement, and are a great way to work in the field.
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Marketing Director
- Director of Non-profit Organization
- Human Resources Director
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Advertising and Promotions Director
- Product Developer
- Human Resources Manager
The salaries can vary widely depending upon experience, the scope of responsibilities and location.
There are twelve courses in the program. Each semester, students take three courses: two live-online and one asynchronous.
The live-online courses meet on Sunday mornings for twelve weeks.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate 3.0 GPA
There are no prerequisite courses necessary for the MBA program, although a Bachelors in Business is definitely helpful. Students with undergraduate degrees in business, accounting, or psychology will find that this upper-level coursework complements and broadens their undergraduate studies.
The program is entirely online and suitable for students throughout the USA and Canada. In our live-online format, students log in to a live class at a set time and see, hear, and communicate with their professor and fellow students. This means that you can participate in this program so long as you are able to be present during class-times during Sundays and evening hours.
The cost for this degree is approximately $24,984, at $694 per credit. (There is an additional charge of $500 for each of two internships.)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed online at this link. Be sure to complete the correct year’s application.
St. Peter’s FAFSA school code is 002638. Students should write “Title IV Code 002638 Saint Peter’s University, 2641 Kennedy Blvd., Jersey City, NJ” in the appropriate section of the FAFSA. Be sure to complete the correct year’s application.
Additionally, there are a number of scholarships open to Jewish graduate students for which we encourage you to apply:
- Rose Biller Scholarship Fund – The Rose Biller Scholarship Fund is open to Jewish residents of NYC’s five boroughs, Westchester, and Long Island with financial need. It provides scholarships to Jewish men and women with significant economic need attending undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools.
- Helen B and Lewis E Goldstein Scholarship Fund – The Helen B and Lewis E Goldstein Scholarship Fund is open to Jewish full-time students enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate school in the United States.
- Samuel Lemberg Scholarship Loan Fund – The Samuel Lemberg Scholarship Loan Fund provides interest-free loans to aid Jewish undergraduate and graduate college students who exhibit exceptional academic achievement and face financial difficulties pursuing a higher education. These loans must be repaid within ten years of graduation or termination of studies.
To get more information on these scholarships, please reach out to each organization directly. Please check scholarship websites for availability and deadlines. Most scholarships are not available every semester.
To request an application, please submit this form.
When completing the application, you will also be requested to supply:
- Undergraduate Transcript(s)
- Personal Photograph
- Letter of Recommendation
- Non-refundable Application Fee
Even if you do not have these available at the time of application, we recommend submitting your application immediately and submitting the requested documents as they become available.
Once your application is submitted with all the required documents, an interview will be scheduled to continue the admissions process.
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Finance
- Personal Branding
- Managerial Accounting
- Management Economics
- Management and Human Behavior
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Employment Law
- Marketing Strategy
- Corporate Strategy: Initiation to Implementation
- Non-Profit – Marketing Elective
- Ethics and Business Intel/Business Ethics